Saturday 9 August 2008

GTD with google

As a teacher in the UK, I am constantly looking of ways to make the growing amount of paperwork more organised and logical. This summer I have been exploring ways in which I can use the internet to 'handle' and bring together documents, calendars etc. In other words, GTD or getting things done ideas.

I have begun to explore the many ways in which Google can help. I now have a very defined iGoogle page which links into google docs, google calendar and google reader. The latter in turn links to RSS feeds of my own and other blogs / resources that I have found both useful and encouraging.

My iGoogle page also links directly to my gmail account and my google bookmarks so that I am far less dependant on my flash drive for accessing my key resources and tools both at home, at school and...well...anywhere else.

No comments: